5 Tips That Will Help You Find a Quality Landscape Contractor
It can be difficult choosing the right landscape contractor. However, if you follow the tips below, the task will become much easier.
1. Know your goals. There are a lot of reasons why people use the services of a landscaper – to make a good impression, attract clients or tenants, or simply create a place where they can relax after a hard day at the office. Once you have determined your goals, match them with the right landscape service provider.
2. Work only with professional and experienced landscaping companies. There are different types of landscape contractors – small and independent and large design/build firms that offer comprehensive landscape services. Some companies specialize in lawn care, others in landscape design or landscape maintenance. Here is a list of the things you should consider when making your choice:
- Get in touch with the Local Business Bureau, in order to check the company’s record.
- Ask them if they have proper licensing and certification, and how long they have been in business.
- Ask them to show you a portfolio of previous projects.
- Good landscaping companies offer guarantees on their workmanship and products.
- Check the latest consumer surveys rating professional landscapers according to prices, reliability and confidence.
3. Ask your friends, family and colleagues to recommend a good contractor. Alternatively, you can go to your local nursery and ask for referrals. Choose the most reputable contractor. A company that is well thought of by its clients is more likely to provide you with a high quality service.
4. Be prepared. Make a list of your prospective contractors, and trim it down by using the checklist above (2). Mark those which were recommended to you. Another major deciding factor is cost. Your goal is to hire the company that offers the highest quality service for the most affordable price. However, do not be lured by ridiculously cheap rates, because they usually provide poor quality workmanship and materials. Very low prices may indicate that the firm is desperate for customers.
5. Look for a professional landscaper with the following personal qualities:
- Good communication skills
Del Lawn Service, in Newark DE, can successfully meet all your landscaping needs. We are a landscape contractor with over 2 decades of experience in the business.